Woke up to 5°C today. It's surprising how cold it can get here in Hong Kong. Maybe it's snowing in Tai Mo Shan (our highest peak). They did spot frost last month there.
In a related matter. I have a colleague who is originally from Toronto who, without hesitation, remarks that Hong Kong is colder than Toronto. The statement is in fact not about the weather, but how terrible indoor heating is here in our city. Not sure if it has something to do with lack of insulation; heat and cold seep through our flat and so in the winter our walls get cold, while in the summer our walls get hot. Brad struggles with summer here but survives thanks to air conditioning, while I have a hard time during winter since I'm all bundled up even at home.
So I have no trouble traveling to overseas winter destinations because I can count on the heating to be much more efficient in other countries.
Anyway every year, as this year, I think about buying one of those oil heaters. Of course I never do, because no matter how low our temperatures
dip, they go up a few days later before going down again. So we'll
probably have use for the radiator for a total 2 months of the year, an expensive investment and we don't
have the space for storage. We do have a small ceramic heater which does the job, kinda. And it fits into our closet when it's not in use.
- Jill
No comments:
Post a Comment